Saturday, August 18, 2012

Family Day 4

Liem: 28 months
Priscilla: 18 days

Just wanted to share about my fabulous family.

We got tons of work done around the house, and everyone pitched in. Liem and Daddy mowed the lawn, and Prissy and Mommy organized the clothes (she laid next to me, anyway). We went on our first grocery shopping trip as a family tonight---that was a new adventure.

The best part of our day was Priscilla's first bath at home. Previous to this, I've been cleaning her with a damp cloth waiting for her belly button to heal. We all got in on the adventure. Daddy took pictures and video, Mommy bathed, and Liem gave me instructions and said, "It's okay, Prissy." Then, while Daddy put Liem to bed, I cuddled Priss while she was a wrapped up in a towel. It was such a sweet moment just Mommy and the baby girl. Then, she pooped on me through the towel; and pooped, and popped, and pooped. Why didn't I get up and clean her? Because she didn't take a break. Every time I would go to clean her up, she'd go again. I am very thankful her system is in good working order.

I have a fantastic family! And I just can't get over how blessed I am. I couldn't ask for anything more than I already have.

Mommy & Priss after her bath (and before the poop):


1 comment:

  1. My beautiful, precious little ladies...both of you. Thank you for sharing the real-ness of your lives with us. It is an encouragement to many young mommies...I am sure. We all want to be the best wife...mommy...whatever...that we can, and often think that if we aren't fairy-tale perfect, that we have fallen short of acceptable. Well, reality is that life is full of those "poopy" moments. But, it's the many times that we just get back up and keep on going that defines our successes. Love you, sweet Brittany...
    ---Mom---

    ReplyDelete