Monday, August 13, 2012

Adventures Alone: Day 5

Liem: 28 month
Priscilla: 13 days

My husband was home for a long weekend, cutting my alone time short last week. (This did not bother me.) But today we were at it in full swing.

Mommy's over-all Day 5 Lesson: Your children and the world don't care that it's your birthday. There is no rest for the weary. I wasn't the only one to miss my husband after the long weekend. Liem was very upset that Daddy had to go back to work today, and expressed his thoughts and feelings on this freely. They were manifested in such phrases as, "Mommy go to work, Daddy come home." I was actually kind of impressed that he came up with that one on his own; he understands someone has to work.

Mommy's Lesson 2: Don't take the Oreos out in such an OCD manner. I really like things to be a certain way, and I expresses this in various silly ways. I take the Oreos from the package from the top to bottom, left to right columns. (If they didn't want you to eat them in order, they'd put them in a bag.) Today I realized what a mistake I've been making, because this makes the package heavy to one side as the cookies are removed from the package. So when I removed the package from the pantry, it fell and the cookies went all over the floor. But please don't tell my husband, because I put them back in the package and returned them to the pantry; he can eat them. (I had to after a lesson I learned this weekend: Don't buy Oreos at Publix. $4.15 a package is WAY too much!)

Mommy's Lesson 3: My husband is the best. I knew this already, but just wanted to brag. I have craved cinnamon since Priscilla was born. So in light of my desire for Cinnabon on my birthday, he got two and put candles in them. He's such a sweetheart.

The truth is, my birthday was fantastic because I have been blessed beyond measure. I have a husband, two children, wonderful family, amazing friends, and over a hundred birthday wishes from them. God has been so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment