Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Adventures Alone: Day 2

Liem: 28 months
Priscilla: 7 days

My daughter is one week old. One week ago now, I was waiting to be taken to the recovery room. I was wondering how I had just survived natural childbirth. Now, I'm cuddling with my sweet blessing and saying I'd do it all again---and I would :-)

Today's lessons were definitely completely new.

Lesson 1: My 7 pound daughter has a hidden talent---very hidden. And I must admit, I would have been just fine had I never learned this about her. What is so special? My daughter can projectile poop. She can shoot at least 6 inches (the distance from she to myself at the time) without losing any air. Of course, I wasn't home when this happened, so I couldn't change clothes. I will begin carrying an extra outfit. (I did this with my son, just didn't know I needed to start this already.)

Lesson 2: My son needs no additional fiber in his diet---especially not an adult-sized serving containing 9 grams. He had one of my husband's fiber bars for breakfast. It's yummy, and my husband needs the fiber. My 2 year-old son, not so much. I changed LOTS of BIG, nasty poopy diapers today.

Lesson 3: Four consecutive hours of sleep is better than any drug---not that I've ever tried any for comparison. I'm just sure that there is no greater gift than that of sleep. Priss slept through a feeding last night and I slept four blissful hours in a row. Sweet, sweet sleep!! This was not a new lesson; but it's certainly a confirmed one.

All in all, it was a very good day. My time alone was longer, but better than yesterday. I was less intimidated and more in control. (I say this with confidence today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment