Saturday, August 18, 2012

Adventures Alone: Day 9

Liem: 28 months
Priscilla: 17 days

I had very little alone time with both my children today. We had an appointment this morning, and planned to come home this afternoon.

My mom and the three of us were headed home after our morning out. As soon as we got in the car, Liem told me he didn't want to go home. I thought it was just because he had got to play with his friends and wasn't ready for it to stop. But we were almost home and he was still insistent that he didn't want to go home. When I asked him what he wanted to do, he said he wanted to go home with Grandmommy, my mom. I explained to him that I had to go home, so he would have to go with her by himself. To my surprise, he agreed. I was thrilled that we had instilled in him some independance, and broken hearted that he was asking to leave mommy. They dropped me off, and it was reported to me that he said, "I got home with Grandmommy, and Mommy feel better. Mommy take a nap and feel better." I just can't believe my little man is already thinking of taking care of me---at two! I am just so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Today's Lesson: Be thankful for a Grandmommy that is close by to spend mornings out and take Liem home.

    ReplyDelete