Thursday, August 16, 2012

Adventures Alone: Day 8

Liem: 28 Months
Priscilla: 16 Days

Today is Priscilla's due date. I am so glad she is here already!! I can't imagine having had to be pregnant these last two weeks.

There were several lessons today, but I just want to brag on my sweet Liem today with a funny story.

We leave our lab/husky mix in the garage (cooled) when we have to be gone because of the heat and all the sporadic rain we've been getting. If I leave him in the house, he always finds something to chew up; and I'd rather him use the bathroom in the garage than on my carpet should the urgent need arise. Today, the urgent need arose. I didn't notice this, but Liem did. He came and told me, "Mommy, there's poo-poo!" Sure enough, there it sat in my garage. Apparently, Liem saw how much I didn't want to have to clean it up; because a moment later he came back with toilet paper in hand and said, "I'll clean it up, Mommy."

I just love how my little man takes care of me and his sister. He reminds me to buckle her in the car (I don't need the reminder, but it's so sweet that he's concerned). If Priss is fussy, he goes and rubs her back. If I'm having a rough day, he says, "Don't be sad. I love you so much, Mommy." He's been very protective of his sister when we're out (maybe a little too much--haha).

He is just such a blessing to me. God has been very good to this mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment