Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Adventures Alone: Day 3

Liem: 28 months
Priscilla: 8 days

Warning! Today's post is briefly mushy.

Mommy's Lesson 1: Today I learned that a mommy's heart needs little encouragement to find happiness in her children.

Liem has been quite upset with me for bringing home a baby. It's not that there's something wrong with Priscilla, he even kind of likes her; he just doesn't like me.
This morning, there was improvement. Liem cuddled with me for the first time since Priscilla was born! We had some good quality time together. And then, miracle of miracles, Liem decided he wanted to help mommy with the baby. He held her while I went to get something in the other room.
This could all end abruptly at any moment. I just know that he gave me a little encouragement, and I'm running with it.

Mommy's Lesson 2: "Weird" isn't always bad. (This was illustrated in the first story, and even further in the following.) Liem just climbed in his bed and called out, "I take a nap now, Mommy." Why is this weird? He's never done this before. Usually, nap time is met with, "Read a book, Mommy" or "Sing, Mommy" both of which have been known to delay nap time in my fragile state of pregnancy. But today he got in bed all by himself. I am aware that this might be a sign of the apocalypse. But I'm just going to go with it for now because he's already asleep, and I'm about to be. This time, weird is good.

Liem's Lesson: Mommy's still an okay mommy. :)

My new favorite picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment