Thursday, August 16, 2012

Adventures Alone: Day 7

Liem: 28 Months
Priscilla: 15 Days

I am exhausted, and therefore do not guarantee the quality or correct grammatical structure of the content of this blog.

Mommy's Lesson 1: I need more than 3 non-consecutive hours of sleep a night. Priscilla was up all night just because. She'd fall asleep and wake up five minutes later complaining, as if saying, "Wait a minute, you tricked me!" I lost count somewhere after the third time, but I cried a lot today. That's just hormones and a lack of sleep. I believe I may have said something to Liem along the lines of, "Don't do what I told you to" at some point today. I think I may also have called him "Bumper" (the name of our dog). Poor kid. I'm pretty sure I was very confusing today.

Mommy's Lesson 2: It is best to double check the needed ingredients needed vs ingredients I have before making a meal. I think I've done this several times since coming home from the hospital. I can usually improvise; today, however, I was just out of everything that would work. So I decided to quit while I was ahead and move on to the back-up plan. Liem loves sweet potatoes, so in went three bakers. A success? Unfortunately not. I wasn't paying very close attention to my husband's. He ended up with one big bite of a rotten sweet potato. Liem's and my potatoes were fine. My poor husband ended up with a bowl if cereal for dinner.

Mommy's Lesson 3: 2-year olds can't be still; and hair gel covers a lot.
Liem's Lesson: Hold still as best you can.
Every time Liem gets a haircut, he screams like a banshee. You'd think that his hair had feeling and every time the blade cut, he felt it. So I have quit taking him to get his hair cut; I feel bad for the person having to do it. I started cutting his hair myself last fall thinking it might be less "scary" for mommy to do it: wrong! He still screams. My skill has improved, but his confidence has not. So I switched to regular scissors today in hopes that the elimination of the loud noise while cutting would help. He didn't scream, but he did wiggle a lot more; now he was curious. The process went something like this: I cut, he squirms, I sigh, and he says, "Oh, no." My skill with the scissors will have to improve and learn to move with his squirms. In the mean time, hair gel does quite a bit to cover my mistakes.

Just want to say thanks for reading!! I'm having fun writing, and I hope you're getting a chuckle as you read. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Keep the lessons coming Brittany. I love reading about your daily life with the sweeties. It brings back so many wonderful, and not so wonderful, memories. Plus, you are a fabulous writer. Love you.

    ReplyDelete