Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Next Day

Liem: 30 months
Priscilla: 9 weeks

There are days I feel that I accomplish a lot. Sometimes it's getting housework done. Sometimes it's teaching Liem something. Sometimes it's a project that I have. There are days where I feel like I get nothing accomplished. Then there are days like today; days I think I'm accomplishing something, and then I find out I never was.

Mommy's lesson 1: If at hundredth you don't succeed, try try again.
Liem secretly likes his little sister. He doesn't want me to know, though. But he really is warming up to her. He likes to hold her hand and talk to her. He likes it when she looks at him and smiles. But he hasn't really decided to like her openly yet. He decided to pick flowers from the yard and being them to her today. But then he got upset that she wouldn't take them when offered. I tried to explain that she doesn't know how to hold them, but he didn't understand. Instead he decided to let me know, "I don't like her any more." Oh, well. I'll try again tomorrow.

Mommy's Lesson 2: "Just keep swimming, swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming."
I really believe Dory (from Disney's "Finding Nemo") was on to something there. Today Liem went potty much more successfully. He only had one accident. It was, however, on me. We were playing horsey, and he peed on my back. Ew. I'll try again tomorrow.

A picture of my little (big) blessings:

No comments:

Post a Comment