Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 42

Liem: 30 Months
Priscilla: 9 weeks

Today I left for a girls trip with my mom and little girl. We went to visit my aunt and cousin, who live 4 hours away. A break is fantabulous! But it teaches you some things, too.

Mommy's Lesson 1: There's no such thing as going away.
I left at 6 o'clock this morning for one night away. And as I left, all I could think was, "I won't get a hug or kiss from my Liem today." And all day, my thoughts were consumed with how he was doing. The time away is refreshing and good for me; but I miss my little man. I have no antic-filled stories and did not have to clean my floor of pee or poo because he wasn't with me.

Mommy's Lesson 2: Relax and enjoy the time off.
Today I sat and read a magazine. I held my little girl and talked and enjoyed her coo's. I finished a conversation. I put on my makeup start to finish in one sitting. All in all, I had a fantastic day. I am thankful for my time off. And tomorrow will be good, too. But I can't wait to hear about all the things my Liem did while I was away.

My mom with Prissy today:

No comments:

Post a Comment