Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 44

Liem: 30 months
Priscilla: 10 weeks

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Dramatic? Yes. Accurate? Most definitely---as any mother of young children will tell you.

Mommy's Lesson 1: Remember the foods that upset the baby's stomach, and don't eat them.
Prissy screamed for over an hour, which is very unusual for her. And she cried on and off all day. I can only conclude that I ate something that upset her stomach. I'm going to have journal my eating habits so I don't repeat this mistake.

Mommy's Lesson 2: Remember to put training pants on the potty training two year old before you get in the car.
Liem is just wearing lose shorts and pants so he can go use the potty quickly and easily. But it doesn't need to be that easy in the car. He was standing in the car and I heard, "Uh oh! There's poop. There's a big poop and a little poop." He had gone poo, and it had fallen right out the bottom of those loose fitting shorts.

Mommy's Lesson 3: Be careful about pet names.
Liem has been experimenting with the English language. His latest venture into speech is his use of pet names. Such as calling my good friend "Honey" repeatedly yesterday. She and I both loved it. But I won't be calling my husband "Hot Stuff" in front of Liem any more.

Mommy's Lesson 4: Every day has a silver lining.
My nerves have been on end all day, but Liem has made each and every minute of hard work worth it. Completely unsolicited (I was actually in the middle of a conversation with someone) Liem came to me and said, "I love you so much, Mommy. So much" and accompanied his declaration with a hug and kiss. He came to me later and said, "I need a kiss, Mommy" and held my face with both hands and kissed me repeatedly. Then tonight, he came to me and said, "Good night, My Love. I love you. I have to go to bed."
And finally, during one of Priscilla's crying spells today, he came to her and said, "It's okay, Sissy. It will be okay" and gave her a hug. He has melted my heart all day today. What a blessing he's been to me.

My sweet boy comforting his sissy today:

No comments:

Post a Comment