Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Alone with Blessings

Liem: 30 months
Priscilla: 9 weeks

This morning, the first words out of Liem's mouth were, "Don't pee on Mommy's couch." I was immediately skeptical for the rest of the day, as is my nature. This could be fantastic! Maybe he's getting it! Or maybe not. Or maybe he's got his own variation.

Mommy's Lesson 1: Limit the outdoor time while potty training.
Liem has figured out that he doesn't really get in trouble for peeing outside. And when he goes out, Mommy doesn't say, "Don't pee outside." As I've stated before, I have to be very specific with him. Today he took it to a whole new level. While playing outside, he dropped his shorts and pooped. He came inside to give a report, "Mommy there's poop outside." He like to tell me about the dog "leftovers" so I didn't think anything of it. I just reminded him, "Don't touch it." Then he replied, "I pooped outside. That's Liem's poop." Upon inspection of his behind, I found the report to be true. Gross! I cleaned him up, explained that poopoo is only for the potty and sent him back out. He soon returns distraught. His problem? The dog ate his poop. Liem spent the rest of the day inside; the dog spent the rest of the day outside.

Mommy's Lesson 2: Being a mommy is the highest paid job in the world.
I am a strong believer in verbal affirmation---it's one of my love languages. So it is a big part of my parenting style. Because of this, my children hear that I love them (and my husband, too) several times a day. Today, for the first time, Liem responded, "I love you, Mommy." When he's talking to others, I coach him to respond to their "I love you's." But because that's my job, and I'm not the kind to have him tell me he loves me, I don't get the same responses. Today, though, he gave it all on his own. I just got paid---big time. I'm richest woman in the world. Donald Trump has nothing on me.

Liem's Lesson: Being big brother is kinda' cool.
Today Liem was much more interested in Priscilla. He even said, "That's my little sister. I'm the big brother." Every day is a new blessing.

In Priscilla news, her best times are her night time times. From 9 to 10:30 p.m. she is talkative and smiley. But I think that's because she has her daddy. She is definitely a daddy's girl. Below is a picture of them "talking." I just love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment