Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 48

Liem: 30 months
Priscilla: 11 weeks

Today was one of those days were you recover after vacation. We had to get back to our normal a bit. Liem had to do a detox from all the attention and leeway, and get back to the day-to-day real life rules and routine. It was fun.

Mommy's Lesson 1: Do not just limit, monitor all outdoor activity during potty training.
Liem, once again, dropped his drawers and pooped outside. I had just checked on him, so this was an on-the-sly deal. This time, though, he didn't tell me. Which leads to lesson #2.

Mommy's Lesson 2: Explain what potty training is to Liem.
I had told Liem not to poop outside since, as previously mentioned, he needs specific, frequent reminders. He obviously ignored this instruction. So when I told him he was in trouble he immediately said, "I get on the potty train!!" Well, I laughed and the "in trouble" part was over. He's obviously heard me talking about potty training, and came up with that. We cleared that up, but I hated to since it was so cute.

Mommy's Lesson 3: Kisses + rambunctious boy = disaster.
We kept Liem up late watching the debate and the Tigers game at my brother & sister-in-law's place. So by 9:00, his 2nd wind was hitting. He asked for a kiss, I leaned in and I got a massive head-butt to the nose. Owwww! My right eye is still blurry.

Liem's Lesson 1: Priscilla is getting a little better/cooler every day.
Prissy just giggles and coo's when Liem talks to her. So he, in turn, talks to her more. Today, he picked a flower and brought it in. He does this for me regularly, and it warms my heart. But today when I asked, "Did you pick a flower for Mommy?" he replied, "This is for Priss. She's the baby sister." Then, when he saw she was asleep, he laid it next to her and went back out to play. It was way better than a flower for mommy.

Liem's Lesson 2: Mommy is Daddy's baby.
The word "baby" is used a lot in our house. We talk about "the baby." My husband and I call each other "Baby." I call Liem "Baby." So Liem has begun to use it, too. He calls Prissy "baby" all the time. But now he calls me "Baby." This morning it was, "I need crackers, Baby." Then, "I want some juice, please, Baby." Then, "I need to go pee pee, Baby." And when he thinks he's going to get in trouble, "Baby, I need to obey" or "I need to obey Baby." You try keeping a straight face through that one. We've tried to explain that mommy is only daddy's baby. But he's not getting it yet. We'll have to keep working on it.

Finally, and off-topic for my usual direction: I just want to say "thank you" to people who stop to help the mother of two small children. I know that an offer of help cam be taken wrong these days, and so it takes courage to even offer. But I really appreciate the holding of doors, helping with groceries and kind smiles. You're an encouragement to me.

Priss and the flower Liem picked for her:

No comments:

Post a Comment